Stephen J. Fallon
Stephen Fallon is a Vice President, and he leads the Health & Welfare Practice for Insurance Buyers’ Council, Inc.
Stephen's work focuses on the development and implementation of strategic initiatives and client-specific service plans for IBC’s clients. Mr. Fallon has more than 28 years of employee benefits experience specializing in public sector benefit strategies. He has worked with over two hundred municipalities, boards of education, and county governments.
In 2004 Mr. Fallon joined IBC to help create the Employee Benefits Practice specializing in helping large employers and public sector plan sponsors in managing the costs and delivery of their employee benefit programs.
He helped develop Pennsylvania’s first municipal health insurance trust now covering over 120 public entities for a range of medical, dental and prescription drug benefits. This extremely successful and innovative program has helped control the rate of increase of health insurance costs for members and has become a model for public sector risk pooling throughout the region. The program has saved members over $65 million since inception and has evolved into a full-service benefits administration platform. Mr. Fallon’s other areas of expertise include:
- Self-funding and reinsurance
- Provider discount analysis
- Carrier/vendor negotiations
- Rate development (COBRA and NJ Chapter 78) and underwriting
- Prescription drug carve-out feasibility analysis and implementation
- Post-retirement benefit strategies
- Collective bargaining strategies
Mr. Fallon is a member of the Association of Governmental Risk Pools (AGRIP) Health Pool Resource Group.
- Mr. Fallon has presented to national and regional organizations including:
- Association of Government Risk Insurance Pools (AGRIP)
- Pennsylvania Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- The Society of County Human Resource Professionals of Pennsylvania (SCHRPP)
In addition, he has conducted client seminars on various topics including collective bargaining strategies, cost containment, and wellness initiatives.
Prior to joining IBC, he served as Director of Benefit Solutions for a New York based benefits consulting firm where he developed a Public Entities practice specializing in meeting the employee benefit needs of municipalities and boards of education.
Mr. Fallon is a graduate of Villanova University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science/Honors.
By Phone - EXT: 224
BY Email - firstname.lastname@example.org