James C. Thompson, ARM
James Thompson is a Senior Consultant with Insurance Buyers’ Council, Inc.
He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in History from Colgate University, and has obtained the Associate in Risk management (ARM) diploma.
Prior to joining IBC in 1992, he gained underwriting and marketing experience in both the carrier and agency sides of the insurance industry.
Since joining IBC, Mr. Thompson has worked closely with governmental entities and educational clients, including county governments, municipalities, authorities, community colleges, and boards of education. Areas of specialization include group self-insurance pooling as well as review of construction contracts, leases, and other contracts from a risk management and insurance perspective. He has spoken at PRIMA, RIMS, COG Purchasing Committee and Association of School Board Officials meetings throughout Maryland, D.C. and Virginia as well as to group self-insurance pools on a variety of topics including:
- Insurance requirements in construction and other contracts as well as client RFPs;
- Certificates of insurance;
- Property loss adjustments and claims process;
- Reinsurance contracts and excess insurance;
- Governmental immunity;
- Benefits of group self-insurance pooling; and
- Self-insurance pool financial ratios and other matters.
By Phone - EXT: 217
By Email - firstname.lastname@example.org